Who we are
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. You can find out more about us at https://www.jll.de/de/ueber-jll.
Our commitment to privacy
We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. This statement explains how we do that. It sets out what we do with the personal information we hold, how we protect it, and it explains your privacy rights. Our approach to the management and usage of personal information is outlined in our Privacy Charter at https://www.jll.de/content/dam/jll-com/documents/pdf/other/jll-global-privacy-commitment.pdf
Jones Lang LaSalle SE
Jones Lang LaSalle Asset Management GmbH
Jones Lang LaSalle Residential Development GmbH
Jones Lang LaSalle Holdings GmbH & Co KG
The personal information we collect
When we collect personal information, we are open about how we will use it and we adhere to the agreement. Our privacy notices will tell you more about what we do with the personal information we collect, but please contact us if you want to know more about this.
We collect information:
- through our website or the website of our affiliates - for example names, addresses or email details.
- from meetings with staff or business contacts, such as exchanging business cards, or collecting information at conferences or business events.
- that you provide to us in connection with the services we provide, for example in connection with tenancy or a lease agreement.
- that we use to validate your identity or creditworthiness, such as a passport, external credit report or proof of residency document.
- that we collect from public sources, e.g. trade registers, professional social networks or corporate websites.
Our legal basis for processing your information
We rely upon a number of different legal bases for processing personal information and special personal information – these include processing personal information where it is in our legitimate interests or those of our clients to do so, where this is necessary for the fulfilment of a contract, comply with any legal requirement, or where the processing is necessary to carry out our obligations under employment law. We collect information that has been supplied voluntarily, you do not have to provide us with personal information. However, if you do not provide us with information we need, we may be unable to offer certain products and services.
How we use your information
We use your personal information in compliance with all the relevant laws and may use it in one or more of the following ways:
- We may use the personal information of tenants, lodgers or other natural persons you have supplied us with to carry out work such as lease management on your behalf.
- We may use your personal information for the establishment, execution or termination of a contract with you.
- We may use the contact information you supply to respond to your requests.
- We may use identification verification documents to fulfil regulatory and legal requirements e.g. to verify your identity before you use JLL’s products and services.
- We may use personal information to assess your eligibility for JLL products and services.
- Where you give us consent, we use personal information to provide you with marketing and advertising about JLL’s services, you can opt out of this at any time from marketing via unsubscribe@JLL.com.
- Personal information may be used to inform you of services that may be of interest to you from JLL. We assess your interest in our services by logging if you open the links in our marketing emails.
- Personal information is used to make your online experience as smooth as possible –for example by setting cookies and tailoring what you see on the website.
- Personal information may be used to safeguard the security of our premises and those we maintain for third parties –for example through the use of CCTV.
- We may process your personal information for the purposes of internal administration, accounting and controlling
Whom we share personal information with
We may share your personal information with:
- JLL employees who require it to perform their jobs
- Organisations that support the products or services we provide to you
- Service providers whi support us in fulfilling legal and internal requirements (e.g. databases, credit information files).
- Anyone you give us permission to share it with
- Official bodies to detect and prevent criminal activity e.g. money laundering, theft, fraud, terrorism, cybercrime.
We will never sell your personal information, and we take steps to keep your details safe and secure.
Stopping us contacting you
If you have provided us with consent to supply you with marketing and information, you can withdraw your consent at any time by going to http://engage-emea.jll.com/german-preference-centre-en or by email to unsubscribe@JLL.com.
Where we keep and process your information
We might transfer and store the information we collect from you outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may be processed by staff or our suppliers outside the EEA. We also ensure your personal information is protected to the same level by the recipient. When we do this we aim to make sure the information is secure and properly protected. We do this by means of adequacy decisions or appropriate safeguards.
Keeping your information safe
We commit to surrounding the personal information we hold with appropriate security wherever it is located, and whether it is in electronic or manual form. To do this we may use a variety of mechanisms depending on where the information is stored and the relationship between JLL and any recipient organisations.
You have the following rights over your personal information:
Request a copy of the information we hold
You can ask for the personal information we hold about you. To do so please contact us by email at email@example.com. In most cases there is no charge for us providing this information to you. You can also ask for personal information that you have provided to us in a machine-readable format.
Ask us to not use your information
If for any reason you do not want us to hold or use your personal information, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may need to keep some of your personal information for legal and business reasons, for example to comply with a regulatory requirement.
Have your information corrected
If you think the personal information we hold is wrong contact us email@example.com and we will check and correct it if necessary. We are committed to holding personal information that is accurate and up-to-date.
How long we keep your personal information
We endeavour to keep your personal information only for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely. If you would like to find out if your personal information can be deleted, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to complain
If you need to make a complaint about our handling of your personal information, please contact us directly at email@example.com. If you are unhappy with how we deal with your complaint, you can contact the responsible Data Protection Authority:
Der Hessische Datenschutzbeauftragte
Herr Professor Dr. Michael Ronellenfitsch
Postfach 31 63
Fax 0611/1408-900 oder -901
How else to contact us
If you have any other questions about your personal information please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or our Data Protection Officer at:
fox-on Datenschutz GmbH
For anything else please contact at email@example.com
Version 1.3 – 8th February 2021