Braking or accelerating?
How the structural transformation in the automotive sector is affecting the Stuttgart commercial real estate market.
- Christian Ströder
- Artur Mironenko
The Stuttgart region is one of the strongest and most innovative industrial locations in Germany and one of the world's leading centres of the automotive industry. This industry is undergoing a fundamental transformation process worldwide, in which the switch from conventional drives with combustion engines to electric vehicles is a key aspect.
How will this structural change affect regional economic development and employment structures? And what consequences will this have for the Stuttgart office and logistics real estate market?
Is the Stuttgart region still interesting for real estate investments? And what location and space decisions should users make in the future?
Our report approaches these questions with the help of scenarios on changed economic and employment structures, among other things.
- Trends in the automotive industry and drivers of structural change
- The importance of the automotive industry for the Stuttgart Region
- Stuttgart office and logistics market: developments and trends
- Significance of the automotive industry for the Stuttgart office market
- Scenarios for changes in the economic and employment structure: Impact on the office property market